Mortgage Servicing Rights (MSR) Valuation & Hedging
Whether you are getting your agency approvals, selling through co-issue, or actively growing your portfolio, MCT® offers a suite of tools along with an experienced team to help you with all your mortgage servicing rights needs. Choose the combination of services to achieve your MSR risk management goals:
Watch the Video on MSR Services
Learn more by watching our video or click these links to read their section.
- MSRlive!™ is a new MSR portfolio valuation software tool that supports your efforts to manage your servicing portfolio.
- Portfolio Valuation Reports determine the value of your asset but also detail risk and exposure sensitivities.
- Enhanced Retain-Release Extension for MCT’s Best Execution Analysis aids in retain-release decisions.
- MSR Sales & Brokerage strategies include setup, assistance with trade decisions, and in-depth risk/return analysis.
- MSR Hedging helps protect your MSR portfolio against market change and risks.
- MSR Strategy Consulting is available for MSR Services clients along with a robust industry network.
- Custom MSR Grids let MCT calculate MSR values based on your costs and key assumptions.
Discover the robust valuation, analysis, and forecasting power of MSRlive!, our new cloud-based software for mortgage servicing rights valuation. With MSRlive!, users can value their portfolio at 30 loans per second. Users can also analyze the effect of predictive market scenarios on their portfolio using this MSR valuation model.
- Portfolio Valuations – Value and analyze your portfolio at 30 loans per second.
- Create Grid Pricing – Define your typical loans characteristics to generate a pricing grids in minutes.
- Run Rate Shock Analysis – View the effect of market changes on your portfolio with a range of +/- 200 basis points.
Mortgage Servicing Rights Portfolio Valuations
For those clients who do not desire the sophistication of our MSRlive! servicing model software but still need to determine the value of their MSR asset, MCT can provide timely portfolio valuation reports.
- Precise analysis and opinion of value
- Summary tables of major portfolio characteristics
- Sensitivity charts for key risk factors
- MCT offers monthly, quarterly or annual portfolio valuations.
Contact us today for more information on MSR valuations!
Enhanced Retain-Release Extension for Best Ex. Analysis
- Are precisely calibrated to your internal costs and yield requirements.
- Adjust cash impact for MSR financing transactions.
- Adjust for the cash impact of a transaction by –
- Reflecting tax advantages of retention vs. release.
- Identifying breakeven point for cash for MSR transactions.
- Showing actual gain/loss in cash from different retention strategies or decisions about individual loans.
MSR Sales & Brokerage
The decision to sell your servicing asset involves many variables including market rates, liability, asset size, note rate and more. MCT’s MSR Team leverages technology and extensive Industry experience to simplify the Bulk MSR Sale activity. MCT will engage strategically to help you achieve your MSR Portfolio objectives as described in our webinar, Navigating the Waters of MSR Sales. MCT’s MSR division can help you:
Learn how to review the MSRs in your portfolio to determine which loans will help you achieve your sales and portfolio goals.
Discover how to evaluate the terms in the bids you receive. We will also discuss how characteristics affect pricing.
Learn how to review and negotiate the best terms for your servicing asset in order to accomplish your goals.
Reduce Risk with MSR Hedging
MCT’s MSR Services division is highly experienced in mitigating the risk of an MSR asset. Our MSR whitepaper, Introduction to Hedging a MSR Portfolio | Servicing Insights Vol. 7, explains how our MSR team can help reduce the risk of your MSR asset.
Phil Laren, MCT’s Director of MSR Services, discusses in the whitepaper how to mitigate risk of an MSR portfolio, myths surrounding msr hedging, and a tool for deciding if you should hedge your MSR portfolio.
View our whitepaper on MSR Hedging or Contact Us to learn how MCT can help.
MSR Strategy, Consulting, & Networking Services
Mortgage Service Rights (MSR) clients have access to one-on-one strategy consulting with MCT specialists and are offered a robust network of subservicers and MSR financing institutions.THe MSR team can also help with any questions around mortgage servicing rights valuation.
- Consistent education and training on servicing values and principals
- Assistance with Agency Approvals
- Assistance identifying and evaluating sub-servicing options and strategy.
- Introduction to subservicers with special pricing and terms for MCT clients.
- Introduction to banks lending on Mortgage Servicing Rights assets.
MSR Services: Latest News & Educational Articles
The loan sale process has contributed to recent challenges in the secondary market. An open loan exchange mitigates risk and unlocks profitability. In this webinar, MCT’s Phil Rasori and Justin Grant, as well as OnQ Financial’s Angela Wooldridge and Alpha Mortgage’s Genesis Collins reviewed bidding regardless of approval status, mitigating risk, and increasing profitability.
In collaboration with CUREN and MGIC, MCT will examine credit union’s process flow to identify potential improvements in areas such as secondary marketing, technology, automation, and business processes. The strategies explored in this webinar amount to over 50 basis points of potential improvement to margins based on the experiences of Credit Unions who have put them to use….
As MSR pricing and volatility begin to normalize in 2021, many portfolio managers are revisiting their short-term and long-term servicing strategy. In this webinar, MCT’s Phil Laren, David Burruss and several mortgage lenders reviewed current MSR market trends and strategies to optimize your portfolio.
Many lenders need specialized guidance to value servicing portfolios for maximum profitability and risk management. This new group will be key in supporting existing MCT clients as they grow to larger accounts.
Director of MSR Services
Request a quick introductory call to learn more about our MSR Services.Schedule a Call