Mortgage Servicing Rights (MSR) Valuation & Hedging
Whether you are getting your agency approvals, selling through co-issue, or actively growing your portfolio, MCT® offers a suite of tools along with an experienced team to help you with all your mortgage servicing rights needs. Choose the combination of services to achieve your MSR risk management goals:
- MSRlive!™ is a new MSR portfolio valuation software tool that supports your efforts to build, maintain, and optimize your servicing portfolio.
- Portfolio Valuation Reports determine the value of your asset but also detail risk and exposure sensitivities.
- Enhanced Retain-Release Extension for MCT’s Best Execution Analysis offers additional customizations for your specific servicing goals.
- MSR Strategy Consulting is available for MSR Services clients along with a robust network of subservicers and MSR financing institutions.
- MSR Sales & Brokerage strategies include setup, assistance with trade decisions, and in-depth risk/return analysis.
- MSR Hedging helps protect your MSR portfolio against market change and risks.
- Custom MSR Grids let MCT calculate MSR values based on your costs and key assumptions.
Discover the robust valuation, analysis, and forecasting power of MSRlive!, our new cloud-based software for mortgage servicing rights valuation. With MSRlive!, users can value their portfolio at 30 loans per second. Users can also analyze the effect of predictive market scenarios on their portfolio.
- Portfolio Valuations – Value and analyze your portfolio at 30 loans per second.
- Create Grid Pricing – Define your typical loans characteristics to generate a pricing grids in minutes.
- Run Rate Shock Analysis – View the effect of market changes on your portfolio with a range of +/- 200 basis points.
Servicing Portfolio Valuation Reports
For those clients who do not desire the sophistication of our MSRlive! servicing model software but still need to determine the value of their MSR asset, MCT offers monthly, quarterly or annual portfolio valuations.
- Precise analysis and opinion of value
- Summary tables of major portfolio characteristics
- Sensitivity charts for key risk factors
Contact us for MSR valuation reports for this quarter!
Discover how market volatility has affected your msr portfolio in Q2 2020! Get a first look at this impact with our MSR portfolio valuations!
MCT offers monthly, quarterly or annual portfolio valuations. Reach out to learn why so many lenders are trusting MCT for their portfolio valuations and MSR services.
Enhanced Retain-Release Extension
for MCT’s Best Execution Analysis
Our newest offering leverages the power of the MSRlive! for any agency approved lender, even if you aren’t actively growing your MSR portfolio. The Extension augments our state of the art Best Ex. Analysis to provide retained released decisions that:
- Are precisely calibrated to your internal costs and yield requirements.
- Adjust cash impact for MSR financing transactions.
- Adjust for the cash impact of a transaction by –
- Reflecting tax advantages of retention vs. release.
- Identifying breakeven point for cash for MSR transactions.
- Showing actual gain/loss in cash from different retention strategies or decisions about individual loans.
MSR Strategy, Consulting, & Networking Services
Mortgage Service Rights (MSR) clients have access to one-on-one strategy consulting with MCT specialists and are offered a robust network of subservicers and MSR financing institutions.
- MCT emphasizes education and training for all clients. Expanding capital markets knowledge leads to our mutual success.
- Assistance navigating the process of agency approvals and growth through the stages of building an MSR portfolio.
- Assistance identifying and evaluating sub-servicing options and strategy.
- Training on what servicing is, what drives the value, how the value is calculated, and other principles.
MSR Sales & Brokerage
Selling your servicing asset involves many variables including market rates, liability, asset size, note rate and more. Our latest webinar, Navigating the Waters of MSR Sales, reviews expected challenges, purchase terms, and timing of your msr sale. Our webinar also includes how to determine which loans to sell, evaluating bids, and negotiating contracts. View the webinar recording more to learn how MCT can help with your MSR sales.
MSR Hedging: Discover How MCT Reduces Risk
MCT’s MSR Services division is highly experienced in mitigating the risk of an MSR asset. Our MSR whitepaper, Introduction to Hedging a MSR Portfolio | Servicing Insights Vol. 7, explains how our MSR team can help reduce the risk of your MSR asset.
Phil Laren, MCT’s Director of MSR Services, discusses in the whitepaper how to mitigate risk of an MSR portfolio, myths surrounding msr hedging, and a tool for deciding if you should hedge your MSR portfolio.
View our whitepaper on MSR Hedging or Contact Us to learn how MCT can help.
MSR Services: Latest News & Educational Articles
In this timely article, MCT’s Director of MSR Services, Phil Laren, reviews how market changes have impacted MSR forbearance in 2020. He also outlines common challenges experienced by portfolio managers and MCT’s recommendations for future MSR management.
In this timely announcement from MCT’s MSR Services division, we will review the assumptions related to MSR valuations utilized in the second quarter of 2020, and contrast that to the assumptions of the first quarter, as detailed in our Q1 2020 memo.
This is a timely announcement from MCT’s MSR Services division to summarize how the first quarter of 2020 has changed MSR valuation assumptions.
Many lenders need specialized guidance to value servicing portfolios for maximum profitability and risk management. This new group will be key in supporting existing MCT clients as they grow to larger accounts.
Director of MSR Services
Request a quick introductory call to learn more about our MSR Services.Schedule a Call